Man hospitalised after barbecue accident

Fire services said a hose connecting the barbecue and its gas cylinder burned through, injuring the man while he was using it. He has first and second degree burns.
Fire services said a hose connecting the barbecue and its gas cylinder burned through, injuring the man while he was using it. He has first and second degree burns.

A man has been taken to Middlemore Hospital with second degree burns to his face and hands after an accident involving a barbecue hose in Karioitahi.

Fire services said a hose connecting the barbecue and its gas cylinder burned through, injuring the man while he was using it. He has first and second degree burns.

St John also attended and were working on the man at the scene shortly after 7pm.

He is now en route to Middlemore hospital but it is not yet known what condition he is in.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 11 Dec 2016 20:25:20 Processing Time: 394ms