A gas cooker has exploded at a Hawkes Bay school, injuring one person, emergency services say.
Two fire engines and an ambulance arrived at Mayfair School about midday and the injured adult was being treated at the scene.
Napier fire station senior station officer Bryan Dunphy said they were not yet sure of the cause, but a fire investigator would look into whether it was due to human error or a faulty gas cooker.
Wellington Free Ambulance spokesman Daniel Paul said a 35-year-old person suffered burns to their shoulder, neck and arms.
The injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
- APNZ and Hawke's Bay Today
For more articles from this region, go to HAWKES BAY TODAY