Two Auckland schools that employed a convicted sex offender who used fake names and qualifications have had their names permanently suppressed.

Te Rito Henry Miki, 40, will be sentenced in Auckland District Court tomorrow after pleading guilty to seven charges of using a document for a pecuniary advantage and four of breaching a supervision order.

The charges relate to his employment at six schools despite a supervision order preventing him from coming into contact with children.

The names of four schools were revealed last month after an interim suppression order lapsed.


But the lawyer representing the other two schools, Christine Chilwell, applied for permanent name suppression.

Judge Philippa Cunningham today permanently suppressed the names of the high school and primary school, and the reasons why the high school had sought the order.

An alias that Miki used while teaching at the schools was also suppressed.

Speaking after today's hearing, Ms Chilwell said the schools were pleased with the outcome.

"It is exactly what we were seeking, so of course we're pleased.''

Miki was convicted in 2004 on three counts of indecent assault and allegedly evaded arrest until late 2009.

In 2010 he was issued with a renewed supervision order but it appeared he trained as a teacher, obtained provisional teacher registration under a new name until August 2013 and managed to secure teaching positions.

In his last role he taught five- and six-year-olds.

He was arrested in February this year for breaching his extended supervision, which prohibited him being around persons under 16.

The case has sparked a ministerial enquiry.

The four schools that employed Miki that can be named are: Stratford Community Learning Centre, where Miki worked between July 2007 until November 2007; Rangitahi College in Murupara, where he was employed as a relief teacher between November 2007 and September 2008; Te Kura Kaupapa Maori O Te Koutu in Rotorua, where he worked from October 2008 to July 2009; and Matapihi Primary School in Tauranga, where he worked from July 2009 to August 2009.