Are you going to see the Queen Mary 2?
Send us your photos
Kiwis with an eye for luxury liners will have their chance to view the largest cruise ship ever to visit New Zealand when the Queen Mary 2 docks in Auckland tomorrow morning.
The luxury transatlantic liner will pass through the Waitemata Harbour and is expected to arrive alongside the Jellicoe Wharf at 6:30am.
The Queen Mary 2 is expected to bring up to 2700 passengers and crew on its third visit to New Zealand. It is scheduled to leave Auckland at 8pm tomorrow.
* Ports of Auckland's recommended viewing locations:
From 5:15 am:
• Areas along the east cost of the North Shore as the ship rounds Rangitoto Island
Between 5:30am and 6:30am
• Ports of Auckland public walkway alongside the Fergusson container terminal (no parking available)
• Fred Ambler Lookout, Gladstone Road, Parnell
• Mt Victoria, North Head and Devonport Wharf on the North Shore
• East Coast Bays beaches
- NZ HERALD ONLINE