1. Less stress... no seriously, it's true. Pets mould to your schedule, they are never unavailable for chats, they give you cuddles, (well not the pet fish or pet turtles but you get my drift) all of these things help to relieve stress and improve your mood.
2. You meet new friends - that's right, your pet could be your wing man! Owning a pet sends you to the pet store, dog parks, special events for your furry friends and at these places you meet like minded people and mingle with them over the common denominator, you're fabulous wing man pet! All single people get out there, get your pet of choice and get ready to mingle.
3. They are great for your children. We all know at some point the kids start to beg for a puppy or kitten, it's not a bad thing parents.... Studies show having a pet around the house helps in the development of your child's emotional, cognitive, social and physical development.
4. They could save your life - We have all heard the one about the dog sensing the intruder in the garden and warning its owner, but what about the Parrot that squawked and flapped so loudly that it woke its family up before the fire alarms went off and they managed to escape the fire!? Animals do have a sense of danger that us humans don't always have...a pet really could save your life.
5. Dogs are loyal creatures they teach you responsibility and patients. Having a pet in the family has so many physical and emotional benefits, there really is no reason why everyone shouldn't have a pet of their own.