• 350g packet Silver Fern Farms Aged Beef Sirloin Steak
• 2 tsp olive oil
• Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 80g butter, at room temperature
• 1 tbsp chopped capers, well drained
• 2 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp flaky salt
1. Remove beef steak from packet 10-15 minutes before cooking to allow to come to room temperature. Rub with oil to coat. Season and cook over medium-high heat until done to your liking (4 minutes each side for medium-rare). Transfer to a plate, cover with tinfoil and a clean cloth and rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
2. To make the Bistro Butter, combine ingrediedients in a blender to form a smooth paste. Using a spatula, scrape the blended butter on to a sheet of tinfoil and form a sausage-shaped roll. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. The butter needs to chill to the point of being able to be sliced.
Cut slices about 2cm-thick for each serve.
3. Just before serving the rested steak, add a slice of butter on to the top of each plated steak. The melted butter adds flavour and moisture to the meat.