Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves 4 as a tasting plate
• 200g pork mince
• 200g kimchi (pickled cabbage), finely sliced
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 1 green chilli, finely diced
• 15 gyoza wrappers
• ¼ cucumber, halved with seeds removed then thinly sliced.
• ¼ cup sushi vinegar
1. Combine the pork mince, pickled cabbage, soy, mirin and green chilli.
2. Lay your gyoza wrappers out on the bench or a tray and place a tablespoon of the mince mixture into each wrapper. Place one finger in a little water and dab around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over and pinch together to form your gyoza. Repeat until you have 15 gyoza.
3. Combine the cucumber and sushi vinegar and set aside.
4. Heat a pan on medium with a little rice bran or vegetable oil.
Add the gyoza to the pan and lightly color the base, then add half a cup of water and cover with a lid. Steam for 4-5 minutes or until the water has disappeared. Serve immediately with the pickled cucumber.
*Gyoza wrappers and kimchi are available at Japanese specialty stores