Makes 1½ cups
• 120g butter
• 3 cloves garlic
• 350g chicken livers, sinew removed, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp thyme leaves
• ¼ cup brandy
• ½ cup cream
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a heavy-based frying pan, melt the butter. Add garlic, livers and thyme. Saute for 5 or 6 minutes until livers are cooked but still slightly pink in the middle. Stir in brandy and cream, then remove from heat.
2. Put in batches into a blender. Blitz until completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour into ramekins or small dishes for serving. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
4. Serve with crusty bread or crostini.