• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp fresh thyme
• 200ml extra virgin olive oil
• 200g broad or green beans
• 1 eggplant
• 1 red capsicum
• 1 yellow capsicum
• 3 courgettes
• 100g buffalo mozzarella
1. To make the garlic oil; peel and slice the garlic finely. Lightly toast in a frypan then put into a jar with the thyme and allow to cool. (Storing it will intensify the flavours, though you can use it immediately if you need to.)
2. Simmer the beans. Drain and cool before peeling the skins off, popping out the bright great inners and discarding the grey skins. .
3. Halve the eggplant. Slice and grill.
4. Quarter the capsicums, remove the seeds and grill. Slice the courgettes and grill. Combine with the beans and eggplant. Season well.
5. Toss the vegetables gently with pieces of mozzarella and drizzle the whole salad with garlic oil.By Amanda Laird Email Amanda