And for today's lesson ... distinguished star of stage and screen, Sir Patrick Stewart, will demonstrate the art of the elusive "quadruple take".
The veteran thesp has become something of a viral video star after his fiancée, Sunny Ozell, posted a quick acting master class with her betrothed on YouTube earlier this week.
In the tongue-in-cheek footage, shot by Ozell, a chipper and hoodie-clad Stewart playfully breaks down the nuances of the "quadruple take" - which he describes as a rarely used acting device to register surprise.
"It's a rarely used device in comedy," Stewart tells Ozell, whose feet are propped on the actor's knees. "But it has its place."
"Now, you've already seen the take, the double take and the triple take," 73-year-old Stewart explains, while jokingly telling Ozell to "hush" at one point as she laughingly thanks him for the tutorial.
"I'm just going to run through them one more time to make sure you've got them," he adds. "When I finish, there will be a little pause, then I will show you the quadruple take.
"What you have to understand about the quadruple take is it's not in the same style as the take, single or double take, right, it's a different style of physical comedy," he says.
Stewart then proceeds to demonstrate a take, a double take and a triple take - using the line, "her buns are the best," as his cue.
"The first three were based on truth, on naturalism, on spontaneous, naturalistic acting," he says.
"This, the quadruple take, is in a different category of acting altogether but it's the only one I know and you'll be glad to hear that I don't have anything beyond the quadruple take."
As Ozell giggles in the background, Stewart then launches into a quadruple take, which, he concedes, might have been a "quintuple take" because he "lost count half way through."
Stewart and Brooklyn-based jazz singer Ozell, 35, have been romantically linked since 2009. The pair met while the actor was performing in a production of Macbeth at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, according to the New York Times.
A wedding date for the twosome has yet to be announced.
What we do know about their future trip down the aisle: Stewart's good pal and X-Men co-star Sir Ian McKellen will be making an appearance during the vow swap - he recently revealed that he will officiate at the couple's nuptials.
*Check out Stewart's master class here.
The video has so far been viewed over 2 millions times on YouTube.
Quadruple take, indeed!
And finally ...
* A fake trailer for the Man of Steel sequel with Ben Affleck as Batman is bringing home the clicks online. Take a butchers at the trailer here. And prick up your ears, Affleck, former Batman star Michael Keaton says he loves your work.
* And now, Morgan Freeman will explain what twerking is to the uninitiated.
* Silver fox George Clooney gives good face.
* Fighting words: Azealia Banks has an issue with Lady Gaga's new mermaid makeover.
* Chill, non-foam-finger-waggers: Miley Cyrus's father is cool with her headline-hogging escapades at the MTV VMAs. Heck, he's a wannabe twerker.
* Christina Aguilera writes a lengthy love letter to her fans. Stick the kettle on, you'll be a while reading this.
* Watch: Alexander Skarsgard leads chant at Swedish soccer match.
* And no, now that you ask, Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx are not an item.
* Warner Bros. plans to spend a cool $25 million promoting The Wizard of Oz as the classic celebrates its 75th anniversary.
* Still missing: Teen titan Justin Bieber's shirt.
* Clint Eastwood and his wife Dina reportedly separate after nearly 17 years of marriage.
- Rumour Has It