Make it so: Magneto's marrying Professor X - in a manner of speaking.
During an appearance on a British talk show this weekend, Sir Ian McKellen revealed that he will officiate at the upcoming nuptials of his old pal and X-Men co-star Sir Patrick Stewart, 72, to fiancée, Brooklyn-based jazz singer Sunny Ozell, 35.
"I'm going to marry Patrick," McKellen chirped on The Jonathan Ross Show while discussing upcoming flick, X-Men: Days of Future Past. "How else do you put that? I'm going to officiate at his wedding."
Asked whether he would legally be able to pull off the gig, McKellen explained: "I don't know, but in Massachusetts, in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along, and I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married. I declare you man and wife."
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Massachusetts' Secretary of Commonwealth offers a "one-day marriage designation" that, for a $25 fee and a character reference, allows a friend or family member of the couple to legally conduct a wedding ceremony.
'YOU MUSTN'T UPSTAGE THE BRIDE'
McKellen also dished on the show that he isn't new to officiating.
"I've done it once before with two guys having a civil partnership," he told the talk show host. "I was crying my eyes out."
And when asked what his sartorial plans were for the big day, McKellen said that the last time he donned a "sort of gown, white...something I bought in India."
"You mustn't upstage the bride," he quipped.
Countered Ross, "How can you not upstage [the bride] if you're floating in like some sort of cherub?"
Stewart has been romantically linked to Ozell since 2009. The pair met while the actor was performing in a production of Macbeth at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, according to the New York Times.
The wedding date was not announced. This will be the third marriage for Stewart.
Check out Ross' full interview with McKellen below. The wedding talk kicks in at the 11:00 mark:
McKellen and Stewart are set to reprise their superhero roles as Professor X and Magneto in director Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is due to be released in July 2014.
* Love is in the air? Rumour has it one of Hollywood's most eligible bachelors, Bradley Cooper, is officially off the market. The Silver Linings Playbook star, 38, was spotted with Suki Waterhouse, a 20-year-old British model, in Boston on Monday, according to Us Weekly.
The pair was first linked after they were spied together in London on February 12, when they hopped into a limo together after exiting the Elle Style Awards.
"It's new but they're hanging out," a source dished to Us Weekly. "He's really into her."
Cooper, who is in town to shoot the yet-to-be-titled film directed by David O. Russell, has been single since splitting from actress Zoe Saldana late last year.
A rep for the actor declined to comment on the rumoured romance.
* And it's splitsville for pop music powerhouse couple Katy Perry and John Mayer - they've reportedly called it quits again, People reports.
Perry and Mayer began dating shortly after her divorce from Russell Brand was finalised in February 2012. They quietly split in August, before reuniting a few weeks later.
"It's sad," a source told Us Weekly, while noting that the split might not be permanent.
"It's not over until it's over. You have to see how things play out." Adds another source, "She's leaving the window open. They have both been so focused on work."
In February, Mayer said of dating Perry: "I don't feel like I'm in a celebrity relationship. For the first time in my life, I don't feel like I'm in a celebrity relationship, I really don't.
"I'm not in a high-profile - I know it's high-profile, it's hard to explain. It doesn't feel that way to me - and great."
* If looks could kill: Lindsay Lohan has yet another mug shot to add to her burgeoning collection.
The 26-year-old starlet pleaded "no contest" to the charge of giving false information to a police officer and reckless driving stemming from a June 2012 car crash in court on Tuesday. She was officially booked yesterday at the Santa Monica Police Department, and posed for a new mug shot - her sixth to date.
* Jane Got A Gun, but not a director. Lynne Ramsay (We Need To Talk About Kevin), who was attached to direct Natalie Portman and Jude law in Western drama Jane Got a Gun, was a no-show on the first day of shooting on Monday, Deadline reports.
"I'm shocked and so disappointed someone would do this to 150 crew members who devoted so much time, energy, commitment and loyalty to a project, and then have the director not show up," producer Scott Steindorff told the website. "It is insane somebody would do this to other people.
Ramsay has not yet commented on what went down.
* A sibling for Suri? Katie Holmes poses for new magazine shoot and says she's "open" to having more kids one day ... and becoming a lawyer.
* Gwyneth Paltrow, who graces the April issue of SELF magazine, says that her low-carb, gluten-free diet has affected her relationship with husband Chris Martin for the better.
* Harrison Ford on returning to Star Wars: "It's not in the bag yet, but I think it's happening."
* Russell Brand Jokes about marriage to Katy Perry: "Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months."
* The wedding's back on (was it ever off?): Miley Cyrus spotted wearing engagement ring.
* Lady Gaga's manager says singer is recovering nicely after hip surgery, working on new album.
* Kelsey Grammer and ex-wife battle over bed.
* Adele, boyfriend Simon Konecki reportedly planning secret wedding.
* Holly Madison debuts baby daughter Rainbow Aurora.
* James Bond will return...within the next three years.
* Bobby Brown turns himself in for 55-day DUI jail sentence.
* Watch: Justin Timberlake drops a two-part video for his new single Mirrors
Earlier this week, the singer revealed that The 20/20 Experience will have a 10-track companion album set to drop later this year.
- Rumour Has It