It's time for another dose of all our favourite things from around the web today, including a new Battleship trailer, news on a second Watch the Throne album and crazed new vids from Girl Talk, Das Racist, Trent Reznor and Karen O.
Seen something that should be on this list? Post your own links below.
1. Can Rihanna act? That's the biggest question to come out of the second trailer for Battleship, the upcoming action film that looks like an oversexed Transformers on water. (YouTube)
2. She's so sweet and cute and small but Karen O scares the bejeezus out of me. Check out her creepy wail on her and Trent Reznor's cover of Led Zeppelin's classic Immigrant Song and tell me the hairs on the back of your neck aren't standing on end. (Pitchfork)
3. Ever wanted to watch Pulp Fiction in chronological order? Got two-and-a-half hours to kill? Wicked, your dreams have come true. (nextround.net)
4. Nicolas Cage has had a pretty crap year by all accounts. Just how bad has it been? Here are the Eight Most Cage-tastic Moments of 2011.(bestweekever.tv)
5. Das Racist will be here for next year's Big Day Out, so get to know them with this new video from the best track from their recent album Relax. It's called Brand New Dance, and you've got until January 20 to practice your moves. (YouTube)
6. Another Big Day Out artist due here next year is mash-up king Girl Talk. His most recent album All Day, which contains approximatley 2819 illegal samples, is being used to soundtrack a new video with some of the weirdest ballet moves you'll ever see. That's two dances you need to learn. (Pitchfork)
7. The Chemical Brothers are releasing a live DVD recorded at their Fuji Rock Festival appearance in Japan. It's probably a good thing - let's face it, most of their fans probably can't remember a lot of their shows. Here's the trailer for Don't Think, due out in February.
8. There's no debate that Louis CK is the world's funniest comedian. But he's as filthy and foul-mouthed as they come, so don't let your kids watch his new live show, available for only $5, right here, right now. (Huffington Post)
9. "You might see a Jay, a Kanye, and a Throne album next year." That's from the mouth of Jay-Z, and after Watch the Throne's success this year that's enough to make rap fans start foaming at the mouth. Don't do that though, someone will call an ambulance. (Pitchfork)
10. There's a new Elemeno P track out. It's called Slow Down Boy and it's free, but you have to send out a tweet or Facebook like if you want it. Tough decision. (Twitter)
Lastly, here's a preview of Ladyhawke's new album provided by NME, featuring all new music. Check out those synths:
Still here? Here's a new track by 50 Cent called Queens, featuring his latest protege Paris (no, not that one) and quite a lot of swearing, so consider yourself warned.
- Herald onlineBy Chris Schulz @chris__schulz Email Chris