Pot left on stove causes fire brigade call-out

Tauranga firefighters were called to what was believed a house fire on Otumoetai Rd this afternoon.

A spokesperson said the female occupant was cooking her dinner and had left the pot on the lowest setting on the stove then went out to visit a friend.

The pot boiled dry, causing the house to fill with smoke.

A visitor noticed that the fire alarm was going off and called the firebrigade.

When they arrived, firefighters took the pot off the stove and ventilated the house.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2015, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 30 Nov 2015 19:16:50 Processing Time: 689ms