If you have leftover lamb, this recipe is a winner. Only half the hummus is needed, so store the remainder and use it for a snack, in sandwiches or serve with tasty falafels.
- Firstly make the hummus. Place the butter beans, garlic, zest, juice, cumin and oil in a blender, blitzing on high until smooth. Season to taste and store in the fridge until needed.
- For the lamb and vegetables, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and garlic, frying for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the lemon slices and cook for a further few minutes until caramelised. Then add the lamb and fry for 2 or 3 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the hot pan. Place in the vegetables and salt, cooking for 7-8 minutes until they are tender.
- To serve, spread half the hummus on a large platter. Top with the vegetables and sprinkle over the lemon, onions and lamb.
- Top with a squeeze of juice from the extra lemon.