Groom attacked by guests with fire extinguishers

A video of a groom being sprayed with a fire extinguisher in China has gone viral as a happy occasion turned tragic.

In the video, which has raised eyebrows worldwide, a group of male wedding guests can be seen to ambush and spray the groom with fire extinguishers.

The groom struggles, chokes and groans on the ground following the attack.

As he struggles to breathe, bystanders notice that he is in trouble and call for help.

The groom, after he eventually emerged from the smoke of powder, was seen choking and groaning loudly. Photo / People's Daily Online
The groom, after he eventually emerged from the smoke of powder, was seen choking and groaning loudly. Photo / People's Daily Online

Footage of the chaos also shows the reaction of the bride, who screams for water and asks "How can you be so stupid to do this?" according to Chinese news website people.cn.

Inhalation of dry powder from a fire extingiusher could cause chronic respitory problems.

An excessive inhale such as the one in the video could be lethal.

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 22 Feb 2017 20:06:11 Processing Time: 369ms