A woman separated from her child during the attack on Nice has been reunited following pleas on social media to find him.
Tiava Banner posted a desperate message to Facebook asking if anyone had seen her eight-month-old son.
"We lost BB 8 months [sic]," the post read.
"Nice friends if you've seen him if you were there if you have collected please contact me!!!!!"
The post was shared nearly 22,000 times.
It has now been updated to say the tot had been found.
"Found!!!!! Thank you so much to mrs joy jostle!!!!!!!! [sic]'
"Thank you facebook to all those who have helped us and sent messages of support."
Terror struck Nice earlier today when the driver of a large truck that mowed down hundreds of revellers at Bastille Day celebrations.
The truck, laden with grenades and weapons, ploughed into a crowd on the Promenade des Anglais during a fireworks display, killing at least 80 people and injuring more than 100.
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve has confirmed 80 people are dead and 18 are in intensive care.
"Our thoughts go to all the people of Nice who tonight are traumatised and plunged into a great state of worry," he said during a press conference.
French president Franois Hollande said: "France has been struck on the day of her national holiday, the symbol of liberty."
Reports from Nice say a 31-year-old French-Tunisian man was driving the truck.
AFP reported identity papers of a French-Tunisian were found in the vehicle.
Hollande also extended by three months a state of emergency that was supposed to have ended on July 26.
"Nothing will lead us to give in to our will to fight against terrorism. We are going to strengthen our efforts in Syria and Iraq against those who are attacking us on our very soil."