It's back to the crystal ball to work out how the Super Rugby playoffs would play out if the season ended today:
Crusaders (Seed 1) vs Sharks (Seed 8)
Lions (Seed 2) vs Hurricanes (Seed 7)
Stormers (seed 3) vs Highlanders (Seed 6)
Waratahs (Seed 4) vs Chiefs (Seed 5)
- Points difference really is the difference with the Crusaders, Chiefs and Highlanders all locked on 37 points. For the Chiefs and Highlanders it means a potential trip to Australia and South Africa respectively. The Hurricanes, who would top the other three conferences, are just a point back but that means the seventh seed.
- The Lions and Stormers swapped seeds but it still means they would host quarter-finals.
- The Waratahs are the new Australian Conference leaders, which would mean hosting the Chiefs in Sydney.
- The Brumbies drop out of the playoffs, sitting a point behind the eighth seed Sharks.
- The Highlanders and Hurricanes have the bye so the Crusaders and Chiefs have a big chance to get ahead. The Crusaders host Waratahs, while the Chiefs host Rebels.
- The Brumbies also have the bye but may not lose ground unless the Waratahs upset the Crusaders.
- The Stormers play second placed Bulls in Africa 1 clash.
- The Sharks play the hopeless Kings with a good chance to move ahead of Lions who host the Jaguares.