• 2 x 600g whole blue cod or snapper (ask your fish monger to remove gut, gills and scales)
• 100g oregano
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp pepper
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 shallots, sliced
• 150ml white wine
• 1 small fresh red chilli, sliced (optional)
• 1 kg mixed cleaned shellfish, e.g. Cloudy Bay Clams and green-lipped mussels
• 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
• 2 large tomatoes, diced
• 100g butter
• 2 tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Indian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Run a sharp knife lightly down the length of the fish twice on each side to create score marks; this will help it to cook evenly and stops the skin from tearing during cooking.
2. Mix together the oregano and lemon in a small bowl with the salt and pepper. Divide the mix in two and stuff the gut cavity of each fish. Place the fish on to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
Shellfish and Spicy Tomato Fumet
1. Heat the olive oil to a shimmer in a saucepan. Add the shallots and saute for 4 minutes or until the shallots are translucent.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the shallots, wine and chilli and bring to the boil. Add the shellfish and steam, covered, for 4-5 minutes until all the shellfish have opened - discard any that remain closed. Remove the shellfish from the saucepan and set aside.
3. Bring the liquid used to cook the shellfish to the boil and add the remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined and a rich sauce is created. Remove from the heat.