• 250g snapper
• ¼ cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced finely
• Salt and pepper
• 100g potato, peeled and diced small
• ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
• 1 shallot, finely diced
• 1 Tbsp dill or parsley
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
• 2 Tbsp sour cream
• 1 tsp horseradish
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 Tbsp chervil or chives, chopped roughly
• 1 firm avocado, sliced
• Lemon juice for squeezing
1. Cut snapper into cubes. Salt the cucumber and set aside for 20 minutes, then rinse under cold water and pat dry.
2. Put potatoes into boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain and cool.
3. In a bowl, mix snapper, cucumber, potato, pepper, shallot, herbs and zest. Add mayonnaise and combine. Refrigerate until needed.
4. For the sauce topping, mix sour cream, horseradish, juice, cayenne and herbs in a small bowl.
5. Place a 6-7cm pastry ring on a plate and fill with a quarter of the snapper mix, pushing it down gently. Smooth the top. Remove the ring gently, running a sharp knife around the circumference if necessary. Repeat for the rest of the mixture. Place a dollop of sauce on the top of each.
6. Slice the avocado and arrange it on the plate beside the snapper.
7. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and freshly ground pepper.