• 1 cup dates, chopped roughly
• Zest and juice of 1 orange
• 250g butter, softened
• ½ cup light brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup mashed pumpkin
• 2 cups self-raising flour
• ½ cup milk
1. Set oven to 175C. Line a 22cm tin with baking paper.
2. Soak the dates, orange juice and zest in a little bowl for 15 minutes.
Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add the pumpkin, flour and milk and mix until all combined.
4. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Serve with yoghurt.