NZ@Noon: Bowling club fire before its centenary

By -
Add a comment

A bowling club in Raetihi has been damaged by fire just before celebrating its centenary, and people in Havelock North are receiving free water and juice amid the gastro outbreak crisis. These are just two of the stories making headlines around the regions today.

The Raetihi Bowling Club has been significantly damaged by fire just before the club's centenary.

People in Havelock North are rallying around those who are sick with many offers of free, clean water and juice.

A group fighting to prevent the sale of 1124 Tauranga's state homes has announced it will take its fight to the High Court.

Residents near a major Whangarei quarry fear they will be subjected to noise, dust and ugly terrain if the quarrying company is allowed to dump excess earth by their properties.

New Zealand chef Michael Van de Elzen, of TV One's Kiwi Living, will be one of three celebrity speakers at the annual Rotorua Tulip Festival in October.

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 10 Dec 2016 21:52:19 Processing Time: 835ms