Two men have pleaded guilty to manslaughter following the death of their friend in an illegal street race in west Auckland earlier this year.
Calum Elliot, 17, pleaded guilty in the High Court at Auckland this morning, a Ministry of Justice spokeswoman confirmed.
His plea followed the death of 17-year-old Tyler Hoyle in Hobsonville on August 1.
His co-accused, Dylan Chad, pleaded guilty on November 22.
Charges of reckless driving causing death were earlier dropped.
A Scott Rd resident said in August she was driving home on the rural road when she came across two cars pulled to the side and saw a boy lying on the ground.
"He was killed, he was killed instantly," she said. "They had just called for an ambulance, and then the ambulance and things arrived, but there was nothing anybody could do for him."