Boy burned in gas bottle explosion

Photo / File
Photo / File

An 11-year-old Motueka boy suffered burns to his face and upper body when a gas bottle being used for a barbecue exploded.

The incident occurred near the Kaiteriteri Motor Camp about 8pm.

An ambulance spokeswoman said the boy suffered significant burns to his head, face, shoulders and torso

He was treated on-board the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter by an intensive care paramedic on his way to Nelson Hospital.

- APNZ

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_n1 at 23 Aug 2014 18:04:35 Processing Time: 456ms