Elderly man saved from Tauranga house fire

File photo / NZ Herald
File photo / NZ Herald

Firefighters removed an elderly man from a Tauranga house after neighbours spotted a blaze in his kitchen early this morning.

Fire Service Northern Communications shift supervisor Jaron Phillips said firefighters gained entry to the Carnie St, Gate Pa, house, where a small kitchen fire was ablaze, and found the man inside after being alerted at about 2.20am.

The man was treated at the scene for minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.



- APNZ

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 01 Oct 2016 13:35:26 Processing Time: 373ms