Auckland Council will seek a new court order to remove the remaining few Occupy Auckland protesters camping out in Aotea Square.
The occupiers have been in the square for more than 100 days and the council went to court last month to win the legal right to evict the remaining protesters and remove their structures.
On Monday, most of their tents were taken down by security guards, supported by 20 to 30 police, but four tents and the communal cooking tent were still standing.
Auckland Council today (Wed) said it would return to Auckland District Court next Thursday seeking a new order to remove the remaining protesters.
The actions sought would include orders for the removal of tents and other structures, and for the arrest and committal of the remaining protesters.
Council spokesman Glyn Walters said the council remained hopeful the protesters would leave voluntarily before the next court hearing, and return Auckland's public spaces to the people.
"The campers have been residing in Aotea Square since October 15, disrupting numerous public events which would have been hosted in the square."