The Mt Albert by-election on June 13 will be contested by 15 candidates, the Chief Electoral Office announced today after nominations closed.
There will be 12 candidates representing political parties and three independents.
The candidates are:
* Jim Bagnall. Independent.
* Ari Baker. Independent.
* John Boscawen. Act Party.
* Ben Boyce. The Bill and Ben Party.
* Simonne Dyer. Kiwi Party.
* Malcolm France. People Before Profit.
* Dakta Green. Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party.
* Rusty Kane. The Peoples Choice Party.
* Melissa Lee. National Party.
* Russel Norman. Green Party.
* Julian Pistorius. Libertarianz.
* David Shearer. Labour Party.
* Judy Turner. United Future Party.
* Anthony Van Den Heuvel. Human Rights Party.
* Jackson Wood. Independent.
The Chief Electoral Office's next move will be to print the by-election ballot papers and distribute them in time for the start of advance voting in just over a week, on Wednesday May 27.
Advance voting is for Mt Albert voters who will find it difficult to get to a polling place on election day.
"Unlike a general election, there will be no polling places open outside the Mt Albert electorate on election day," said Chief Electoral Officer Robert Peden.
"Therefore Mt Albert voters who will be outside their electorate on election day should vote in advance."
There will be 28 polling booths in Mt Albert on election day, the same number as there were for last year's general election.