Two injured in house fire in Whangarei

A father and son suffered minor injuries after petrol burst in to flames in their garage.

Fire service, police and St John paramedics were at the home on Nixon St, Whangarei from around 11am today.

Police set up traffic diversions while fire officers worked to put out the blaze and empty the house of smoke.

The pair were taken to Whangarei Hospital where they were treated for burns to their lower legs.

- Northern Advocate

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 30 Jul 2016 13:19:53 Processing Time: 334ms