Hi, Isaac. I'm turning 21 soon and I was wondering if you could do a column of advice for 21-year-olds?
1. Travel as often and as far as you possibly can.
2. Educate yourself about religions and philosophical beliefs and take an interest in why people devote their entire lives to something as intangible as God.
3. Be nice to everybody. If you treat somebody badly I can almost guarantee it will come back around.
4. Sexually transmitted diseases are real. So are unwanted pregnancies. Wear a condom.
5. You are not invincible. Whatever you put into your body now will have effects you can't even imagine later.
6. First impressions count, and we live in an aesthetic world, so take care of how you present yourself.
7. Start something now. Whether it's a blog or a business or a degree, just make sure it's YOURS.
8. Keep a strong relationship with your siblings - you'll know them longer than anybody else in your life.
9. Don't compare yourself to other people.
10. Move to New York. Even if it's just for three months, six months, or a year. It will change your life. I promise.
11. If you wouldn't say it in real life, DON'T TEXT IT!