• 3 whitloof
• 6 slices streaky bacon
• Quarter of a baguette, cut into cubes
• 50g feta
• 1 tbsp sour cream
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Sit the cut bread in the base of a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Sit a cake rack over the top of the dish. Lay the bacon across the rack and put in the oven.
2. After about 10 minutes, the bacon should be crisping and the croutons coloured. Remove. Sit the bacon and croutons on a paper towel and allow to cool.
3. Trim the base of the whitloof and gently separate the leaves.
4. Process the feta, sour cream and oil in a blender to make a dressing. Arrange the leaves in a bowl, chop the bacon and scatter this and the croutons over the whitloof. Spoon the dressing over the salad.