These prawns were huge. Ibnu used the same curry paste he used with the octopus (see below right).
• Vegetable oil
• 1 Tbsp shrimp paste
• 1 Tbsp palm sugar
• 1½ Tbsp of soy sauce
• Salt and white pepper to taste
• 12 large prawns, split, de-veined and marinated in 1 Tbsp turmeric and the juice of 4 limes
1. Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok and cook the shrimp paste over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and palm sugar and cook for 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Lay out the prawns on a baking dish. Spoon the mixture above over the prawns.
3. Barbecue the prawns (brushing with oil as they cook) or bake in a moderate oven until cooked. Serve with rice.