All recipes featured are by chef Nic Watt, Masu Japanese Robata Restaurant & Bar.
Prep time: 10 minutes plus overnight for marinating
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 3 tbsp sweet white miso
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp grapefruit juice
• 2 tbsp mirin
• 1 tbsp sake
• 2 180g cod fillets
• 2 hajikami (pickled ginger stems)
1. Combine the white miso, lemon and grapefruit juices to form a wet marinade. Add the mirin and sake and whisk until smooth.
2. Pour the marinade over the cod, reserving a little to serve as a sauce, cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Remove the cod from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
4. Remove the cod from the marinade and cook on the BBQ, allowing the miso to caramelise and edges to colour, or until cooked through.
5. Serve with the pickled ginger stem and touch of the marinade on the side.
*Hajikami is available at Japanese specialty stores.