1. Take a sheet of frozen flaky pastry and sit it on a greased backing tray. Fold in the corners to form an eight sided shape.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons of powdered almond with 1 tablespoon of raw or brown sugar.
3. Make a mound of this in the center of your pastry.
4. Slice 2 dark plums, peel and thinly slice a pear, halve 4 small figs.
5. Randomly arrange the fruit slices onto the almond sugar mix.
6. Sprinkle with some fine orange zest and drizzle with a tablespoon of runny honey.
7. Crimp up the pastry edges to make a "bowl "to contain the fruit.
8. Brush the pastry with some milk and top the tart with a few slivered almonds.
9. Bake in a medium oven until the pastry is cooked and the fruit soft.
Serve with thick cream.By Grant Allen