• 180g cup flour
• ¼ cup sugar
• 100g butter, cut in cubes
• 1 egg yolk
• 1-2 Tbs cold water
• 200g ricotta
• 4 egg yolks
• ½ cup sugar
• 2 Tbs amaretto (or 2-3 drops almond essence)
• ¾ cup ground almonds
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbs butter
• 8-10 apricots, stoned and quartered
1. Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Mix until you have a breadcrumb texture. Add the egg yolk and cold water and pulse until your dough is formed. Remove and place on a lightly floured surface and roll out.
2. Line a 23cm rectangle or round tart tin with the pastry. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Set oven to 180C. Line the pastry with baking paper and baking beans (or rice) and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the baking paper and cook for a further 5 minutes to completely dry the pastry.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta, yolks, sugar, amaretto and almonds.
Spread over the pastry.
5. In a pot melt the butter and brown sugar, and gently soften the apricots for 4-5 minutes until coated in glaze. Remove and arrange over the filling.
6. Return the tart to the oven for 30 minutes until cooked and golden. Brush the top of the tart with extra glaze.
7. Leave to cool completely before serving.By Angela Casley