1. Wash and clean the clams, discarding any that remain open.
2. In a heavy pan, splash in some olive oil and soften a few crushed, new season garlic cloves.
3. Add the clams, holding the lid on the pan and shaking it over the heat.
4. As the clams start to steam open, add the oyster mushrooms.
5. Season well with salt and pepper. Scatter with lots of chopped fresh parsley, toss in some cold butter to melt into the juices and make a sauce.
Serve in small bowls.
A sweet way to finish.
1. Puree a peeled ripe mango with a little lemon juice and some finely chopped lemon grass.
2. Strain the juice to remove any fibre.
Pour into a small glass. Top with some creme fraiche or mascarpone into which you have blended a little vanilla paste.