With nearly two million members and $12.8 billion invested in KiwiSaver, nzherald.co.nz is launching a four-part video series about the retirement savings scheme.
Five years since it kicked off, KiwiSaver is still a mystery to many New Zealanders and we decided to provide a simple guide which covers the nuts and bolts.
Experts Mary Holm and Chris Douglas tackle all the basic questions in a way which is easy to understand and jargon-free.
Part One: KiwiSaver Beginner's Guide
* What is KiwiSaver?
* Can anyone join, and how do I join/opt out?
* How much do I pay and how much does my employer pay?
* What does the Government contribute?
* Who should or shouldn't choose KiwiSaver?
* What are the alternatives to KiwiSaver?
* What happens when I change jobs?