• 4 medium vine tomatoes
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 red peppers (capsicums), halved, cored and seeds removed, and sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
• ¼ tsp harissa powder
• ¼ tsp ground cumin
• ¼ cup pimiento-stuffed olives, drained, optional
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 medium (size 6) free-range eggs
• Hot buttered grainy or sourdough toast
1. Skin tomatoes, then chop coarsely.
2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add peppers and cook for 10 minutes until wilted. Add garlic, harissa and cumin, cook for a minute, then add tomatoes and olives. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes have wilted. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Make four indentations in the pepper and tomato sauce. Break eggs one at a time into a ramekin and transfer them into the hollows.
Season with ¼ of a tsp of salt and black pepper to taste and cover with a lid. Cook for several minutes until egg whites are just set but yolks are not yet firm (or cook eggs to your liking).
Take to the table in the pan and serve immediately on heated plates with hot buttered toast.