• 1kg carrots
• 2 cloves of garlic chopped
• 2 tbs sugar
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 50 g of roasted and sliced almond
• 2 large oranges peeled and sliced
• 2 tbs freshly chopped mint
• 2 tbs ground cumin
1. Peel the carrots. Place into a saucepan and cover with water. Add the sugar, bring to the boil and cook until firm. Drain and then dry. Cut into julienne or grate.
2. Saut the garlic in a fry pan with olive oil, add carrots and fresh herbs and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside until cold.
3. Add the orange juice and sliced orange, add a touch of orange blossom water and mix well. Serve with fresh mint leaves, sliced orange and roasted almonds.