Makes 20 squares
• 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight, discard water
• 2 cups dates, soaked for a couple of hours (1 cup for topping)
• 1 cup of filtered water
• ½ cup carob powder
• 2 cups coconut meat or desiccated coconut
1. Add the soaked almonds, 1 cup of dates, filtered water and carob. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
2. Mix in the coconut, then press the mix into a biscuit tray to about 2 cm thickness. Leave covered in the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up.
3. For the topping: process the second cup of dates in blender with a little water until smooth like a cake icing and spread over the set mix. Sprinkle with some coconut or other nuts of your choice. Rest in the fridge, then cut into small squares to serve.
Nutrition info: This is heaven for your taste buds and your health. Full of fibre, calcium and magnesium plus fats that will promote a great immune response, a piece of this will become a firm favourite.