Poach the peach halves in a light syrup. Add a few raspberries into the poaching liquid to impart a pink tinge.
2. Gently peel off the peach skin and chill in the syrup until ready to serve.
3. Scoop balls of the best vanilla icecream and hold these in the freezer until you need them.
4. Make a berry sauce by combining fresh berries, sugar to taste, a minimum amount of water and a squeeze of lemon juice to sharpen it up. Gently simmer until the berries are truly soft, then sieve out all the pips. If the sauce is too runny you can thicken it with a little arrowroot dissolved in cold water, warming it up to allow the arrowroot to do its work.
• Place each peach half in a bowl or glass dish.
• Top with the scoop of ice cream, then spoon over the sauce.
• Garnish with a few fresh berries. I used redcurrants and their leaves dusted with icing sugar.