Coldplay's Chris Martin reveals his Beyoncé rejection

Beyonce, Chris Martin of Coldplay, and Bruno Mars perform during the Pepsi Halftime show at Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium on February 7, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.   Pictured: Beyonc
Beyonce, Chris Martin of Coldplay, and Bruno Mars perform during the Pepsi Halftime show at Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium on February 7, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. Pictured: Beyonc

Chris Martin has revealed Beyoncé "politely showed Coldplay the door" when they asked the singer to duet with them, the Daily Mail reports.

The frontman, 39, explained the superstar, 35, declined the group's first offer, before eventually agreeing to work with the hitmakers on Hymn For The Weekend in 2015.

Chatting to Graham Norton on his Friday night talk show, Chris said: 'We've been to her before and were politely shown the door.

"I had a tiny idea for a little song and when I asked her if she wanted to do it she said no. We then went to her with a more real song and she was very sweet and sang it."

The song featured on Coldplay's most recent album A Head Full Of Dreams and was released as a single last year, with Beyoncé lending her vocals to the track and performing in an elaborate outfit in the music video.

When asked further about the album - which is the group's seventh release and according to Chris could be their last - the musician said: "It's a way of looking at the world in a more optimistic manner.

"It's not saying everything is great all the time, it's more about understanding what has happened to you and not be depressed."

Coldplay perform at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadum on Saturday, December 3.

- Daily Mail

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf05 at 08 Dec 2016 04:54:31 Processing Time: 447ms