Everyone knows being a teenager sucks sometimes. So when it's illegal to swig champagne and party all night long, how do you celebrate nabbing the Best International Female Solo Artist award at the Brits?
Luckily, thanks to her two Grammys and four Tuis, Lorde has had a bit of practice in the past few months.
Here's how she spent the hours following yesterday's Brit Awards win:
1. Quit music. Just kidding, but apparently winning a Brit is so awesome, it almost can't be topped.
I JUST WON A BRIT AWARD I AM OUT THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER— Lorde (@lordemusic) February 19, 2014
2. Remind us that you are a true angel of music - cherubic face and all. It's easy when your award looks like a halo. And even easier when the guy handing you your award has hair higher than heaven.
Follow it up with a great speech referencing brain explosions, a shout out to your "strong, intelligent, inspiring" fellow nominees, and that MasterCard slogan, and you prove yourself a deserving winner.
Watch a video of Lorde's Brit win here.
She's certainly come a long way since reading her acceptance speech off her iPhone at the New Zealand Music Awards last year.
this is me being stoked winning a brit look at my cute chubby face pic.twitter.com/34QuVKJYYk— Lorde (@lordemusic) February 19, 2014
3. Then, wave your hands in the air like you just don't care.
me for the brits instagram hahaha pic.twitter.com/0KF1zPl4mV— Lorde (@lordemusic) February 19, 2014
4. Swap the Tom Ford, sequined, once seen on Beyonce, gown for something a little more comfy and create the most powerful DJ super-group of all time with your pals Katy Perry and Ellie Goulding. Be ready to fight music crimes everywhere with the help of tunes from Drake and Prince, but maybe hold back on playing your own songs, like the trio allegedly did. At least, you know, she's not perfect.
5. Finally, jump on a plane and become a snow queen in Sweden.