Reality star's cause of death revealed

Shain Gandee of MTV's 'Buckwild' reality series. Photo / AP
Shain Gandee of MTV's 'Buckwild' reality series. Photo / AP

Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show Buckwild and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead on Monday.

Gandee's 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It's possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.

Sheriffs say autopsies completed on Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.
Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

The victims' bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.

Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.

- AP

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_a3 at 21 Oct 2014 12:46:44 Processing Time: 779ms