Crooner Leonard Cohen released his long-awaited new album this week, and it's already getting rave reviews.
"Leonard Cohen remains a convincing witness to all these things, a reassuring voice and a firm and warm guiding hand," said reviewer Graham Reid in his review of Old Ideas, giving the album 4.5 stars out of a possible five.
Thanks to Sony Music, nzherald.co.nz has five sets of Leonard Cohen's amazing back catalogue to give away.
Each prize includes copies of the albums Old Ideas, Greatest Hits, I'm Your Man, Songs of Leonard Cohen, So Long Marianne, Ten New Songs, The Essential Leonard, Dear Heather and Live in London on CD, and a copy of Live at the Isle of Wight on DVD.
To enter the competition, all you have to do is complete our Leonard Cohen quiz, and tell us what the answer is to question No. 12.
Use that answer to enter our competition here.
Terms and conditions:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
2. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter's associated companies, the Promoter's agencies and partners associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Participants may enter only once each day of the Promotion Period. Any form of automated entry using any other devices or software is invalid.
4. The promotion closes at 4pm on Friday, February 17, 2012.
5. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry, which is not in accordance with the Conditions of Entry.
6. The prize consists of copies of the Leonard Cohen albums Old Ideas, Greatest Hits, I'm Your Man, Songs of Leonard Cohen, So Long Marianne, Ten New Songs, The Essential Leonard, Dear Heather and Live in London on CD, and a copy of Live at the Isle of Wight on DVD.
7. The prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash
8. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of comparable type, quality and value.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should their ability to fulfil due obligations be limited at any stage by any form of technical failure.
10. The winners will be notified by email and/or telephone.
11. Entry into this promotion implies full acceptance of all terms and conditions.
12. The winners consent to their names being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion.
13. Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost or misdirected entries.
15. The Promoter is APN National Publishing, 46 Albert Street, Auckland.
- Herald online