Lindsay Lohan recently reached the milestone of 100 days sober, and she's only got two weeks to go in rehab. Job's a good'un.
The often-derailed and trainwreck-prone starlet is at the centre of a criminal battery investigation after an alleged incident involving a staff member at the Betty Ford Rehab Center.
According to TMZ, Lohan allegedly had an altercation with a female staff member at her treatment facility after she and her roommates arrived home late - about 10 minutes after curfew - on December 12.
Lohan and her Betty Ford roommates reportedly left the facility to go to a bar on the night of December 11. Soon after they returned, police received a report of battery from a female Betty Ford staffer at 1:03am, reports the website.
According to the Palm Desert Police Department they're investigating the incident as "hand-to-hand battery," with a female staffer as the alleged victim.
A police spokesperson told E! News: "The incident involved Lindsay Lohan and another female adult who was a staff member at the location.
"Lohan was reported as the suspect in the investigation and the victim desired prosecution."
Adds the spokesperson, "The incident is being investigated as a misdemeanor, not committed in the presence of a peace officer; therefore no one was arrested at the scene.
"The investigation is currently ongoing. Upon completion of the investigation reports will be forwarded to the district attorney's office to determine if charges will be filed in the case."
Meanwhile, Lohan is spitting tacks and insists she didn't strike the first blow, claiming the staff member was "unfairly" lecturing her about breaking the curfew, and demanded the actress take a drug/alcohol test - which she passed.
TMZ claims Lohan yelled, "Take your hands off of me" during a heated exchange, and then allegedly "pushed back" against the woman.
The starlet, who is still on probation for her 2007 DUI arrest, could face up to six months in the slammer if a judge decides the incident was a probation violation, claims the website.
Oh, LiLo. And it was all going so well...
This lot just in...
* Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband accidentally glues his eye shut
* Cheeky Lady Gaga fan cops a feel
* Jamie Foxx falls from high-rise in new video
* Brother of Harry Potter actress admits to assaulting her
* Chris Brown completes domestic violence course
* Heidi Montag reveals her plastic surgery scars
* Tracy Morgan gets kidney transplant
* Spider-Man stunt double falls 30 feet on set of Broadway musical
* Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman moving in together?
* Dr. Drew says Brangelina split will be 'nuclear'
* 50 Cent's house burgled ... by closeted wine drinker
* Ryan Reynolds telling friends Scarlett treated him badly
Blogger Bites Back
* Read more celebrity news and gossip from Myrddin Gwynedd (MG) here.