Rumour
Has It...

Celebrity news and gossip from the man with the unpronounceable name, Myrddin Gwynedd

Blogger bites back: Charlie Sheen loses final 'goddess', gains TV deal?

5 comments

The warlock is back on the market: Embattled actor Charlie Sheen's love life is on the skids - his last remaining 'goddess' has dumped him.

Bolt your doors and batten down the hatches, the Masheen is single again after his girlfriend Natalie Kenly, 25, moved out of the self-proclaimed 'warlock's' Los Angeles mansion last week, according to TMZ.

The pair was last seen together happily celebrating Kenly's birthday at the W hotel in Los Angeles on June 2.

Word is that the down-and-out former sitcom star hasn't taken the split well. Sheen reportedly demanded she return a Mercedes he bought her. No prize for guessing which one was hardest to part with!

But a source claims that Sheen, still spouting about himself in the third person, is somewhat cavalier about being goddess-less; Sheen said the split was "not a common thing for the Masheen."

Course not. Just ask his ex-wives.

"He's not in one of the best places right now, things are very tense," another Sheen insider tells US Weekly.

"It has nothing to do with her, [the relationship] just ran its course."

And no sooner than Kenly packed her bags and threw the keys to the Merc at Sheen's feet, the actor supposedly celebrated her exit by, well, I'll let TMZ fill you in: "[Sheen celebrated the split by declaring war on the entire world, conquering three women from three different countries - Mexico, Australia, and Colombia - the very night Kenly walked out."

Pass the bucket.

While Charlie's angels have split, Sheen's professional life could be on the up.

The former Two and a Half Men star, who was booted from the show after the mother of all meltdowns, has reportedly signed a deal with Lionsgate Television to star in a new sitcom.

RadarOnline cites an unnamed source saying that various networks are currently bidding on the as-yet-untitled show.

"Charlie has inked a deal with Lionsgate Television to create and star in a new sitcom," an insider tells the website.

"Charlie's character will be very similar to the one he played on Two And a Half Men, however the show will be a lot racier. Networks and cable are bidding on the show right now, with TBS being the front runner."

TBS recently signed Conan O'Brien after he bailed on the Tonight Show.

"Plus cable makes more sense because it offers more creative freedom," the insider said. "In other words the show can be raunchier and more outrageous, which is perfect for Charlie!

"Lionsgate Television will produce the show. They have committed to ten episodes up front with the option to pick-up and produce 90 more episodes if the ratings prove to be successful. This means the sitcom could be on TV for 8 years, which is a long time! It also means that Charlie will make more money than ever before!"

Sheen made $2 million or more per episode of Men, but won't be able to command the same salary on this show, according to Radar.

"Charlie will make less upfront which is a plus for Lionsgate. This way Lionsgate is less at risk of losing money should the show flop or should Charlie have some sort of meltdown," the source said.

"It's still a risk but the risk is worth it because so many people are interested in Charlie and his wacky life...they are bound to watch the show."

That's if it actually happens. A rep for TBS, the Atlanta-based network Radar reports is a "front-runner" in the bidding war for Sheen's new TV output, says, "TBS is not in discussions for a possible project with Charlie Sheen."

While Sheen's spokesperson tells Extra, "Charlie has received several offers but at this time we cannot comment."

Meanwhile...

TMZ reports that Sheen's character on Two and a Half Men will reportedly be killed off in its upcoming ninth season.

Sources tell the website that Charlie Harper is headed for the giant punchline in the sky.

Characters Alan (Jon Cryer) and Jake (Angus T Jones) will reportedly learn of Harper's death in the premiere episode.

But why the bumping off? Show creator Chuck Lorre wants to make sure Sheen never returns to Men.

The new season starts filming on August 5, and producers are reportedly considering various options for Harper's demise - including him driving his car off a cliff.

Sources also say Ashton Kutcher's character will be introduced as he buys Harper's house.

The above contradicts pervious reports which speculated that Sheen's character would not be killed off, but instead mention that Harper has relocated to Paris with Rose.

What do you think? Good or bad idea to bump off Sheen's character?

Blogger Bites Back

* Read more celebrity news and gossip from Myrddin Gwynedd (MG) here ohthescandal.com

P.S.

While you're down here ...

Please vote for this blog again in the Net Guide Awards' Best Blog category. Voting closes August 16.


Net Guide Awards 2011

Two ticks, two clicks. Job done. Diolch yn fawr!

Have your say

We aim to have healthy debate. But we won't publish comments that abuse others. View commenting guidelines.

1200 characters left

Sort by
  • Oldest

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 26 Oct 2014 12:58:26 Processing Time: 497ms