We thought we'd give you something to do maybe while queuing for that bus, train, food stall, beer tent or toilet with a bit of a quiz on BDO-related matters...
1. Who is the first - and undoubtedly last - Big Day Out act to have also played Woodstock 40 years ago in 1969? And name two other Woodstock-era bands playing Auckland in the next two months?
2. Name that band - See picture clue A (see attached gallery)
3. Name two local BDO bands with snake references in their name. State a reason why that is curious.
4. Name three NZ acts keeping it really local with place-name references in their name. For a bonus point, name a fourth which references two NZ cities.
5. Explain why The Living End are playing on the main stage at 7pm?
6. Counting tomorrow, how many times have the Prodigy played the Big Day Out?
7. Name that band from picture clue B (see attached gallery)
8. Spot the doubly ironic reference in the band name Black Kids.
9. If it's a stinking hot day as usual, which band will be overdressed and which one should be just fine?
10. Not counting Kraftwerk, what is the name of the first
ever robot band to play the Big Day Out? Clue: they hail from a place nicknamed "the city of the future".
11. Name that Band from picture clue C (see attached gallery)
12. What is the single most extraordinary fact about the
local line-up at this year's Big Day Out and is it a sign of the looming apocalypse?
13. The Headless Chickens' last appearance at the Big Day Out was in 1995. If tomorrow, the reformed band only look four years older, why would that be?
14. Name two acts in this year's line-up with a little primate in their names?
15. Name that band from picture clue D (see attached gallery)
16. What do local bands the Mint Chicks, Weta and the Mots all have in common?
17. Other than the fact that Sneaky Sound System and Pendulum are both dance music outfits from Australia, what is interesting about their appearance at the Auckland Big Day Out?
18. Which is the most hirsute band in tomorrow's line-up?
19. Name that band from picture clue E.
20. Complete the next line to the song which starts "Hey Hey, My My...". Extra points if you were born after the song was first released in 1979.