The jewellery stolen from Brett Morrison's home is still missing.
It was a cruel blow for Mr Morrison, whose soul mate and wife Sarah died of bowel cancer just over a year ago.
On Tuesday morning, Mr Morrison left his Papamoa home for about an hour. When he came home he discovered his house had been burgled.
His late wife Sarah's jewellery - including her engagement and wedding rings and the earrings she wore on their wedding day - had been stolen.
Sarah's grandmother's antique gold ring with green stone had also been stolen in the robbery, among other personal items.
Mr Morrison, who was at work today, was hoping there would be a surprise for him in his letterbox when he got home.
"I'm still really hopeful about the jewellery coming back all the support has been great and surely it will pay off."
Getting the pieces back would be overwhelming, he said.
• Sarah's engagement, wedding and eternity rings
• Sarah's sliver S necklace
• Sarah's sliver heart necklace
• Sarah's diamond circle necklace
• Gold sovereign ring
• Sarah's grandmother's antique gold and green stone ring
• Apple MacBook Pro (with the weekend's wedding photos)
• Cannon 5d mark 2 camera (with the weekend's wedding photos on the card)
• Under water housing for his camera
• Pair of Red and White Nike Air Max size 10.
• Pair of Black and White Nike size 10