Grief Support Services are hosting a memorial for people who have lost loved ones to suicide.
This Saturday is World Suicide Prevention Day and the memorial service will be held at Olive Tree Cottage in Pyes Pa on Saturday from 2pm.
From 2014 to 2015, more than 30 people in the Bay of Plenty took their own lives.
Suicide was a major and far-reaching issue in the community with about 500 people taking their own lives each year in New Zealand.
Across the globe more than 800,000 people die from suicide every year, and for every suicide, there were many more people who attempt it.
The memorial will be held at Olive Tree Cottage, 247 Joyce Road, Pyes Pa.
Where to go for help:
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354
- Depression Helpline(8am to 12 midnight) - 0800 111 757
- Healthline - 0800 611 116
- Suicide Crisis Helpline 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What's Up (for 5 to 18-year-olds; 1pm to 11pm) - 0800 942 8787
- Kidsline (aimed at children up to 14 years of age; 4pm to 6pm weekdays) - 0800 54 37 54 (0800 kidsline)
- www.depression.org.nz- includes The Journal online help service
- www.thelowdown.co.nz - visit the website, email email@example.com or free text 5626 (emails and text messages will be responded to between noon and 12 midnight).
- OUTLine NZ - 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) provides confidential telephone support for sexuality or gender identity issues