Meter box sparks fire call out in Mount Maunganui

Add a comment
Firefighters were called to a Mount Maunganui property after a meter box began smouldering last night. Photo/file
Firefighters were called to a Mount Maunganui property after a meter box began smouldering last night. Photo/file

An overheated meter box was the subject of an emergency call out in Mount Maunganui overnight.

Firefighters were called to a property on Oceanbeach Rd just after 6.30pm to find the smouldering meter box.

Mount brigade's Terry Mills said firefighters had to break up the wall to control the fire and search the cavity behind the meter box to ensure the fire was not spreading.

While the wall was damaged, the rest of the property was okay.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 21 Feb 2017 14:29:08 Processing Time: 349ms