House fire in Maungatapu: reports

Add a comment

A wheatbag has been blamed for sparking a house fire in Maungatapu.

Firefighters were called to the Te Hono St property just after 5.30pm to reports the home's occupants were locked outside their house as a fire took place inside.

Firefighters arrived to find a smoke logged house, telling a reporter at the scene the cause of the call was a wheat bag left in the microwave too long.


- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 06 Dec 2016 14:39:19 Processing Time: 432ms